Utilities often belong to various organizations to help them improve how they work. One of them is the Southeastern Electric Exchange. The SEE, for example, enhances the operational and technical resources of companies and provides coordination of storm restoration services with member companies.
The organization actually covers almost half the US.
The SEE has announced its annual awards for excellence. One state was especially well represented.
Here are the awards – Category, Company, Project. The project names are shorthand for highly involved energy work.
- Customer Service & Billing Category: FLORIDA POWER & LIGHT – Inspection Portal Story
- Distribution Category: FLORIDA POWER & LIGHT – Hard Rock Stadium
- Environmental Category: FLORIDA POWER & LIGHT – FPL’s Cocoa Beach to Patrick 138kV: Rising from the Depths of the Banana River
- Real Estate & Right-of-Way Category: FLORIDA POWER & LIGHT – Service Center Hardening Program
- Substation Category: FLORIDA POWER & LIGHT – Malabar – Midway 3000A Upgrade – Less is More, Reliably
- Supply Chain Management Category: FLORIDA POWER & LIGHT – Automated Bidding Process
- Training Category: DUKE ENERGY – Standardized Distribution Line Curriculum
- Transmission-Line Category: ENTERGY – Hurricane Laura Restoration
One award is designated by the annual conference chairman: In the Safety Category: PPL ELECTRIC UTILITIES – How PPL EU is Increasing Safety Odds, PPL Distribution Protection, PPL Distribution Automation.
The SEE has 23 large utility members and about three dozen more constituents when subsidiaries are counted.
The SEE helps utilities across varied disciplines. Here are examples:
- Administrative Division: Accident Prevention, Rates & Regulation.
- Engineering and Operation Division: Automated Meters, Distribution Operations Controls, Integrated Resource Planning, Power Quality and Reliability.
- Environmental Section: National Electrical Safety Codes, Real Estate and Right of Way, Substations, Supply Chain Management, Training, Transportation-Construction Equipment.
- Finance & Accounting Division: Customer Services & Billing Mutual Assistance.
Feature image: A solar field of a subsidiary of NextEra Energy, the same firm that owns FPL